Feathertop Chalet is owned and operated by a Melbourne based youth organisation and prides itself in creating life-enriching adventures and providing venues in which life long memories can be made.
Feathertop Chalet is committed to safeguarding children and young people in our care.
Feathertop Chalet’s staff include local professionals, outdoor educators and dedicated long-serving members of the Harrietville community.
At Feathertop Chalet we accommodate our guests over our 3 separate lodges which each sleep just over 90 people and are most suited to group accommodation.
Our conference center, which can seat 200, is ideal for workshops, training sessions and conferences. Our other facilities include an indoor sports hall and swimming pool, beach volleyball, tennis courts and mini golf course. Each Lodge also has a common area which could comfortably seat 20 or more people. All of our rooms, which sleep between 4-12 people, have their own ensuite. We can cater for groups of 40 or more in our dining room and smaller groups are welcome to use the kitchen facilities in the lodges to self-cater. Onsite we have a fantastic range of adventure activities including High Ropes elements which cater for young and old and compliment our alpine environment.
Our Mission Statement
- The dream of seeing thousands of young people enjoying a camping experience in a safe, secure, comfortable and fun environment whilst connecting to nature
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
- Is to empower and improve young people’s lives, with inspiration, fun and opportunity
- To see every child have a happy, healthy and productive childhood
- Make a positive impactful difference to Youth
- Is to inspire our campers so they may flourish, becoming proud upstanding Australian citizens and make a positive difference to their environment.
- Is positivity and friendship.
- Is one of love, togetherness and fun.
- Is to be true to all that we stand for, courageous, dedicated, forgiving, loving, optimistic, passionate, resilient and trusting.
WHAT WE DO
- We give young people the freedom to be the best that they can be.
- We inspire confidence so they are able to realise their full potential.
- We push limits to achieve great things and reach the unreachable.
- We listen and learn new ways to be better.
- We instil values at the heart of everything we do.
- We stimulate young minds by bringing learning to life.
- We help the journey of self-discovery.
- We provide valuable life skills.
- We give kids a fun time and lifelong memories
- We create life-enriching adventures.
WE MUST ENSURE
- Respect for oneself and others.
- To provide young people with opportunities to grow and to achieve.
- To encourage children to be more active.
- To endorse the benefits of healthy eating habits.
- To support each child’s well-being by increasing self-esteem and confidence.
- Young people live their dreams.
- Our programs create wonder, curiosity and a desire to learn.
- Creative thinking and the courage to try new ideas.
- Fostering spirituality.
- Serving others and building social responsibility.
- The protection of children and zero tolerance of child abuse.
- Is to continue to engage, involve and inspire.
- Develop creative thinking and learning to engage with the complex opportunities of a changing world.